To increase the mobility of students studying at German universities
+++ Extended deadline: The new deadline for PROMOS in the upcoming summersemester 2022 is the 3rd of January 2022! +++â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports the "PROMOS" programme with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
The programme aims to support the university's own internationalisation strategy and to increase the mobility of students and doctoral candidates at German universities.
Internships / Final theses outside EU
Generally support through partial scholarships or/and reimbursement of travel expenses
The amount of the scholarship depends on the destination and is calculated according to the aid given by the DAAD
min. 35 hours / week
min. 6 weeks and max. 6 months
min. 1 month and max. 6 months
The PROMOS programme supports international mobilities of:
- students with German citizenship or
- equal status according to Â§ 8 German law on higher education grants (BAfÃ¶G) or
- non-German full-time students enrolled at Hochschule fÃ¼r nachhaltige Entwicklung Eberswalde (HNEE) with intent to graduate at HNEE.
The application deadlines are
- for the upcoming winter term: 1 June (Internship contract/ Framework Agreement regarding the thesis to be submitted by June 15)
- for the upcoming summer term: 3 January (Internship contract /Framework Agreement regarding the thesis to be submitted by 17 January)
Please submit the following documents in time:
- Application form
- Letter of motivation
- Current certificate of enrolment at HNEE
- Declaration of consent to retrieve a current transcript of records (template is included in the application form)
- Current proof of language proficiency related to the language spoken in the work environment abroad.
- For internships: Internship contract or "Preliminary Internship Agreement"
- For final theses: Framework agreement regarding the thesis or "Preliminary Agreement - Research Stay/Thesis"
Please keep in mind that only complete applications submitted within the deadlines will be taken into consideration by the PROMOS Selection Commitee!
Before going abroad:
Before going abroad
If you do not have an agreement with the host institution yet, please submit the following document:
After your stay abroad:
When you are back in Germany, you are obliged to prepare and submit an experience report as a proof of your stay. You will receive further information on this during your stay abroad.
The HNEE conducts 2 application periods per year. At the end of each application period, the HNEE Selection Committee meets and decides on the applications in accordance with the DAAD guidelines and the HNEE selection criteria.
The Selection Committee consists of one representative from each department, the Equal Opportunities Officer, the Internationalisation Officer, two student representatives and the International Office of the HNEE.
All complete applications received on time by the International Office will be considered in the selection procedure. In a first step, the documents are checked for formal eligibility.
The following selection criteria will then be considered by the selection committee:
- qualification /study performance
- Meaningfulness of the project and relevance for one's own course of studies and professional career
- linguistic proficiency (at least B2-level)
(applicants from IFEM, GCM, FIT and NTM do not have to provide a proof of language proficiency (B2) if their working language is English.)
Additional criteria if applicable: particular extracurricular skills/qualifications or special (social/voluntary) commitment (write it into your motivation letter).
The PROMOS scholarship holders then receive a scholarship confirmation from the International Office and, after signing the scholarship agreement, the PROMOS certificate.
Students who go abroad supported by a PROMOS scholarship have the possibility to purchase a DAAD group insurance. This includes a combined international insurance policy consisting of health, accident and personal liability insurance.